Wednesday, December 14, 2011

If I Stay

I finished reading the book – If I Stay in one day. Mia… she had made the right choice. Gayle Forman writes beautifully. She did an amazing job writing this book! I picked up the book simply because I may get something deep from it about love. Not that I’m trying to learn from a fiction, no. Sometimes fiction really gets me a lot to ponder on things I haven’t really thought of. I do this when I get a quiet time for myself.

I’m pretty weird sometimes…I say my thoughts aloud to myself – I forget there are people around me. 

In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck… A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands.

Above is just a synopsis of the book only.
This is the plot of the book; posted on Gayle Forman’s website:

On a day that started like any other…
 Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, adoring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. Then, in an instant, almost all of that is taken from her. Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknowable future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the one decision she has left—the most important decision she’ll ever make. 

Simultaneously tragic and hopeful, this is a romantic, riveting and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving.

http://www.gayleforman.com/books/if-i-stay/

I love Mia and Adam’s deep relationship. They sound so mature to me – serious in their relationship. Both had a beautiful smooth relationship but of course no couple out there are perfect. They have problems to face on their own and that’s what makes them a realistic couple. Truly, in a relationship there are challenges to face every road you turn. Going off college and for the future – lots of choices to choose at the same time a difficult situation to be in.

I’m not a fan of making choices, you know. Haha! I really don’t. It’s hard enough. I still make my parents choose a decision for me at this age but I know someday i should be independent to make the choices. Right choices. I have to learn starting… Now.

I really adore Mia’s little brother, Teddy, but you can’t turn back now to what had happened. In my opinion, she had made a choice that was right to continue living even if it hurts without them by your side. Mia has a second chance to reach her dreams and more. She has a future ahead of her with her grandparent’s support, care, love that all she need. I’ll still miss Teddy though.

Anyways, last night I was just curious about who will be my true love. Is he really out there waiting for me? Waiting for the right time like me? Patient like me too? I know it sounds crazy to think about this – at such a young teenage me hahah! I was on bed when I questioned myself all of this and since no one answered my questions I just assured myself, he is out there.

I almost forgot to tell about my passion for classical music. I used to listen often to classical music, ’til now. It’s still my favorite. I’ve come to love classical when I watched this anime called La Corda d’Oro. I’ve grown to love every piece played on every episode and the main character has inspired me so much. Then I found my heart that I wanted to play violin. It never happened though. We can’t afford to get me to a violinist to tutor me. I still want to learn how to play it now.

Mia plays classical. I’m on her side. I’m a dork like her lol.

P.S. Can’t Fight This Feeling Anymore is a song I can’t get out of my head while I was reading through the book. It’s the song that keeps repeating on my head when Adam cried beside Mia—all he wanted was for Mia to stay and hang in there with him. *SNIFFS*
Check out the these great sites:
Author Gayle Forman’s the official site: http://www.gayleforman.com/
The book’s website ~ http://ifistay.com/

Where She Went will be another emotional book. A sequel to this. What’s interesting is, the book will be on Adam’s points of view. I can’t think of anything better. Looking forward to reading it!

Quotes I like from this book: “Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you.”

“I’m not choosing, but I’m running out of fight.”

“Love, it never dies. It never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it. Love can make you immortal”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment