Wednesday, May 09, 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?
Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan’s life. She’s stuck at JFK, late to her father’s second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley’s never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport’s cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he’s British, and he’s in seat 18B. Hadley’s in 18A.
Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver’s story will make you believe that true love finds you when you’re least expecting it.

This book is a fluffy fast read. It was good. What I disliked about it was, nothing really much happened in it other than patching things up with her dad. It was a drag on. And then there all those flashbacks. I was even so excited when I started the book now I just don’t know. I don’t even know I how survived reading it. I found parts that were witty. It’s also an unpredictable story. I didn’t expect this or that would happen – there are parts that I figured.

Believe me it is a good book well you can we have different opinions, so yeah. Oliver’s character lacked personality, he was nice of a character though. There could have been more about him. You know. He’s realistic. I get that. I teared up to a part where he explains to Hadley about his father. That one hit me. Partly because it’s just real. Like two of them are actually in a time where it really happened if that makes sense.

Oh, some part of the story is witty and realistic. But what I could not take as realistic is the fact that how could you possibly be in love with a STRANGER who you just met in an airport? Seriously. And look, I’ve not experience in a relationship before but if I just stop and put myself in her shoes, definitely my thoughts and hers won’t be the same. JUST MET. IN LOVE. NO WAY. I have to know the guy really well first hand.

One more thing, Hadley has no respect for her dad. She can’t even fixed her own problems first before heading to go look for Oliver. Family issues first before the boy, lil girl.

I was expecting so much from this book to be 5 stars! *sigh* I guess not all books are good. Pretty bad one exists too. I just hope the next book the author is writing now is better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment