Tuesday, June 04, 2013

The Other Life

3 years, 1 month, 1 week and 6 days since I’d seen daylight. One-fifth of my life. 98,409,602 seconds since the heavy, steel door had fallen shut and sealed us off from the world

Sherry has lived with her family in a sealed bunker since things went wrong up above. But when they run out of food, Sherry and her dad must venture outside. There they find a world of devastation, desolation...and the Weepers: savage, mutant killers.

When Sherry's dad is snatched, she joins forces with gorgeous but troubled Joshua - an Avenger, determined to destroy the Weepers.
But can Sherry keep her family and Joshua safe, when his desire for vengeance threatens them all?


Author: Susanne Winnacker (Website, Twitter)
Publisher: Usborne
Buy online: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | IndieBound
Book borrowed from the national library
(Actual) Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

When I pondered on how will the book be like, my mind can't help but race through so many possible stories just by reading the title and make guesses. It's so interesting too
when I looked closely and pay attention to the book cover. A red butterfly, its widespread wings at the corner sides of it dripping red. Creepy at the same time because of its arms or rather legs that looks like they belong to other creatures.

Out of place but really interesting. One boy and a girl hands clasped together, running away or perhaps not running but that's what my mind can think of. The fonts, along with it is a fence sort-of that is sharp-toothed. I find that brilliant that I vaguely have any idea but maybe the characters I was about to read is going through hardship. This was my thoughts before I even start reading the book. I already rambled just this part, haha!

Always survival mode on and alert Joshua while Sherry is trying to get used to what her life has become. She keeps of what's left of her old memories. Now slowly moving on - challenges and another comes right after. It's never-ending unless they do something, find out more of what's going to stop the cause of chaos and destruction.

As far as I know, this book definitely made my heart pound and unputdownable at the same. It's a page-turner that I can't leave my seat I just have to keep on reading it. I was wishing for more pages but none were added magically, no Genie came to my rescue. It's worth a read to all who simply enjoy YA Science fiction, post-apocalyptic with a good action to it. I'm never truly a fan of zombies in fiction until I tried this one - that got me hooked for hours I couldn't do anything. Not even my homework that's gonna be soon due. It's a stepping stone not to be afraid of more zombies in fiction for me. This one absolutely made me thirst for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment