Monday, March 12, 2012

The Sky Is Everywhere

Seventeen-year-old Lennie Walker, bookworm and band geek, plays second clarinet and spends her time tucked safely and happily in the shadow of her fiery older sister, Bailey.

But when Bailey dies abruptly, Lennie is catapulted to center stage of her own life—and, despite her nonexistent history with boys, suddenly finds herself struggling to balance two. Toby was Bailey’s boyfriend; his grief mirrors Lennie’s own. Joe is the new boy in town, a transplant from Paris whose nearly magical grin is matched only by his musical talent. For Lennie, they’re the sun and the moon; one boy takes her out of her sorrow, the other comforts her in it. But just like their celestial counterparts, they can’t collide without the whole wide world exploding.

This remarkable debut is perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen, Deb Caletti, and Francesca Lia Block. Just as much a celebration of love as it is a portrait of loss, Lennie’s struggle to sort her own melody out of the noise around her is always honest, often hilarious, and ultimately unforgettable.

Romantic. I read the book last night, non-stop! After reading last night or let’s say morning, I placed the book under my pillow and guess what happened? I dreamed I was like Lennie but I wasn’t a 2 timer but 3. YES, 3!! INSANE! In the dream, I made the right choice and went for my Joe Fontaine in my dream. I said words from the classic books as well as what Lennie did in the book. It was pretty ridiculous saying those word in the twenty-first century. Really. I now know how Lennie felt saying those words to Joe too.

I love Lennie’s name. Especially her nickname, Len. Len Len is my nickname. Sometimes others call me Len. WOW. This book is love!!

And…gosh. JOE FREAKING FONTAINE. THAT FRENCH GUY IN THE BOOK. PARDON ME. I’m a go die now!!! He’s the sweetest guy! Respectful guy, he is! I love Joe Fontaine! Quel dork! :P Hahah!
“The sky is everywhere, it begins at your feet.”

P.S. If you have read the book, you may want to have a discussion with someone or you can do it alone: http://www.theskyiseverywhere.com/synopsis.php

Plus, the movie is on the way!! Selena plays Lennie! http://t.co/5M0gNrhG

I love that I found this list on one of a book bloggers (SOURCE)! EEEEP!! JOE FONTAINE!
Reasons why Joe leaps off the page for me:
* First, his physical description of course: messy brown curls, green eyes, very tall. In the book they say he looks like a gypsy, no a rock star, no a pirate! Heathcliff even maybe, then again, no maybe not.
* He’s a musical genius, playing all sorts of instruments but especially clarinet, guitar and trumpet. He writes songs too, special songs for people he loves.
* He is constantly smiling! Jack-o-lantern happy they say! Bright and brilliant, all the time.
* He is concerned and sincere.
* He moves slowly, he becomes friends first, if you know what I mean.
* He’s lived a bunch in Paris, so he sort of has the French thing going on too.
* He “gets” Lennie, with all her traumatic past.
* He “gets” her strange eccentric family too.
* Mostly I love this guy because he is real. Very real.

You need to read this book and meet him.
This one’s about Lennie. I found this on another book blogger (SOURCE)
Lennie: her habit of leaving scraps of poetry under rocks, etched into tree branches and scrawled on shoe soles; her passion for music; her penchant for road-reading (something that I never knew anyone else did!). On the flip side, Lennie was not my favorite character. Maybe I just couldn’t understand her, but I found myself screaming at her every single time that she ended up with Toby. She was just so self-destructive! I was so afraid that if Lennie continued, she would never see the sky again.
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!! I WANNA DIE. IT’S SOOOOO GOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment