Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pushing The Limits

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with “freaky” scars on her arms. Even Echo can’t remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.

But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo’s world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she’ll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.

I wonder when I’ll feel when love saves me from all the hurt and pain and tears, fear and almost every possible nightmare in my life. I wonder.

Both sides of the story are really realistic. I didn’t expected it to be more than just about high school problems. or another ridiculous, draggy, girl-falls-in-love-with-boy chick flicks plots I heard probably countless of time. Never it occur to it’s more of personal, deep issues that the characters has to go to the bottom of it all and make things work if ever ‘normal’ exists at all.

Noah’s part really had me crying. I felt it like he reminded me of my past. I cried. Not that we’re exactly on the same situation but I know it in me that, I saw the pain I had then— past I never wanted to ever touch at all I had buried long ago and when I read on Noah’s thoughts about his parents

“They’d never know that they lost the most amazing people on the face of the planet. They’d never know how the loss had torn me up every single day of my life.”


I had imagined of what would happened to me if that came real.. ….My parents..if they continued… I can’t exactly say it. It hurts. I had imagined too much even imaginations killed me already to just think it.

Noah, I know it hurts. So much especially you had every knowledge about your parents. I almost… yeah. I know how it feels. *takes a deep breath*

Almost all of my memories of my past then sprang in my head, flooded and tears just flowed down my cheeks. I don’t even know when a book had reminded me of my past.

I don’t know why the one thing I love that was said by Noah is, “You’ll be fine.” I guess it’s just nice to read/hear “you’ll be fine” every day. I’ll listen to that person or read that everyday. What I love about Noah too is that he’s not just about words, when he said something he will do, without a doubt, he’d do it. He’s committed and true to what comes out from his lips. Not letting down the people he loves surrounding him good vibes even though inside he feels like dying each day. He’s good guy, Noah, that is.

If you lost one of your parents, would it still feel whole? Would it feel like you’ve lost both even though you know you still have the other parent left?

That’s my burning questions whenever I say Echo’s name or think of her character. I sympathize with her. Funny though, at my attempt reading her name, Echo, and thought it’s a boy’s name. Whoops. Yeah. I admit. I’m pretty dumb.

Echo reminded me of my favorite singer, David Archuleta’s song, “Broken”. Simply because the lyrics are relevant to her. “Broke but not broken.” that’s one line lyric that I love for Echo. Reminds me of what she went through.

Anyway, I love how the author includes Greek mythology, and constellations plus art to the character. It gives Echo a beautiful background which I am so happy of!! I love it!!

Oh my, i almost forgot I like Mrs Collins even at first the author introduced the readers to her. I automatically thought that she’d be a great help and supporting Noah and Echo. She has the role that stood out by just stepping into Noah and Echo’s lives and trying to make a change and lending a hand to both without asking for anything in return and she’d always help and always try to get many help as possible just so she could help Noah and Echo.

I guess there’s a reason that this book ever came to me and so in love with it! I want to hug Noah and Echo so bad for being the inspirational fighters!! Amazing book!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment