Thursday, January 10, 2013

Slide

She sees through the eyes of a killer…

Everyone thinks Vee is narcoleptic, but her secret condition is far more terrifying. When Vee passes out she slides into other people’s minds and can see the world through their eyes. It’s been happening for long enough that she thinks she’s gotten a handle on it. But nothing prepares her for sliding into someone holding a bloody knife, standing over someone’s body.

Vee wishes she could share her secret, but who would believe her? She can’t bring herself to tell her best friend, let alone the police. But when someone else ends up dead, Vee knows she must find a way to unmask the killer before they strike again.

Slide is a killer read written with a brilliant and super-slick style that will leave you breathless.

The book cover does a good job. It’s appealing to me. And I might add that the cover is a UK one. I think it’s my first time to like a UK book cover version. I’m pretty impressed- it’s nice in a way, the eye is sort of hypnotizing you or something, haha!

Once you turn the page to chapter one, it started off – a little bit confusing to me at first but as I carried on reading, the pieces of how her ‘sliding’ works is coming together well enough. I liked the book. I’m thinking about giving it 3 to 3.5 ratings. The story was not really something I found strikingly creative. Somehow it is – where the mystery solving comes in really is cool to me. That’s one reason why – I love mystery solving. Characters that may have the capable of having a motive to target innocent people/ do bad stuffs. I love being part of the whole book seeing from another’s perspective. Who you kidding? That’s awesome, right!

Slyvia, is a good character. Using her ability to ‘slide’ into another person not for her benefit to get revenge on people who hurt her in the past but simply carry it and help others – she finally found a purpose to make good use of her ability where justice is served.

And through Sylvia’s ability she discovered beyond what she sees with her own eyes and come to grasp every thing that she never come across before. It’s all new to her.

I personally like to learn to come up with good questions like Sylvia when she was doing her independent investigation, she pretty much… well I can say that she’s got lots of very good questions. I would like to have that kind of mental power..hmm probably it has to do with her ‘sliding’, eh? I’m jealous. Oh yeah, not that she’s real. So, it’s fine.

Do check this book out or even better purchase it to any local bookstores where it’s available!! I’m planning to read the sequel! Now, I wait… haha.

Happy reading to all bookworms! Cheers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment