Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Mortal Instruments #4: City of Fallen Angels



Who will fall in love, and who will find their relationship torn apart?
Who will betray everything they ever believed in?
Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge.
In the heart-pounding fourth installment of the Mortal Instruments series, the stakes are higher than ever.
What I enjoyed reading in this fourth installment of the series are Jace and Simon. Both has a great story to tell. On the other, Clary, as always, still lack of story aside being a lover, non-stop supporter of Jace.

“That’s a mango.” Simon stared at Jace. Sometimes it really was like Shadowhunters were from an alien planet. <—- patience Simon hahaha XD

Jace counterpart Will. Ah. Herondales. Will, for one, was quite involved. Somehow in a few conversations which made me almost complete and utterly on my knees begging for more Will mentions, haha! I miss Will already! I want to focus this review on Jace and Simon. I'll not say they are my favorite characters, no. However, both carried stories that sums up the whole Mortal Instruments series, in my opinion. Especially Jace. Oh Jace, yes. Since from the beginning in City of Bones, he's the reason why – he took the readers to the Shadowhunters' world. He always bring that to all readers. Jace has gotten us all engrossed and stick to him – throughout his journey from mundane world to Seelie Court, to Alicante in Idris until to this book at a scaffolded building something something street. Sorry. I seem to forget the long address of the place.

Anyway, I'm so impressed at the vocabulary used. A wide usage of very difficult words that I have to get myself a dictionary by my side. At all times. I'm still pretty weak in English. Apologize my bad English reviews too.

Not only the fact that the author uses good description and very intense emotions but I love how she somewhat put Jace and Simon in a situation where they can sort of hang out and be friends, finally haha!! I love them both! Interesting characters! And in a way they fallen into the same trap. Pretty connected. Well-organized plot.

“You made a pet out of me, and then you left me. If love were food, I would have starved on the bones you gave me.” -Magnus Bane

We thought of Simon – a character in the background but I realized – he is as important as Jace making whole lot of sense in each chapter of the book – every page you turn you have to have either Simon or Jace there. Other characters are merely just story which, in my opinion the spotlight or main event isn’t happening on their part. Don’t get me wrong I love to have to read the sugar-coated the author has written and put extra effort on masterpiece but GAH the story is what I’m chasing for in a book sometimes whether it has good romance or not – if the story has STORY to tell, I’m in!! The twist at the end – Oh my heck! “We are one.” Killer!!

There are also down right hilarious conversation between/among characters which I didn’t regret laughing out loud even if means people will look at me thinking I’m crazy. “You know what’s awesome? Having a vampire in our band. This is the thing that’s really going to take us over the top.” really? hahaha Here comes the part about sexy vampire mojo. So it was Kirk who call the Simon that LOL go sexy vampire mojo (two timer) Simon HAHAHA

And in this case, 4 stars right away after I finished the amazingly brilliant book!! City of Lost Souls – here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment