Monday, May 27, 2013

Unravel Me

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.

Author: Tahereh Mafi (Website, Twitter, Facebook)
Publisher: Harper/HarperCollins Publishers
Buy online: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | IndieBound
Book borrowed from the national library
(Actual) Rating: 5 of 5 stars

I realized that the title says a lot about Warner and Juliette - Shatter Me, Unravel Me. I've read the books and it just puts the puzzle pieces together and I see it. The plot twists is incredibly unexpected. Phenomenal. My heart is so full I couldn't wrap my head around of all of what's happened. The romance is intense - how the writer has come up with so much details, every move is describe very well, full of emotions. Absorbing.

"A flawless, flawless exterior for a boy with a black, black heart."

Though the first few chapters were a little mind-numbing, the story picks up and all of a sudden I got my hands stuck like glue holding the book for a whole day.
I hardly put it down at all. I screamed, yell, fangirled, thrash my pillow, hysterical laugh/cry - all of my sanity somehow has evaporated. After I finished the book, a hollow me is all what's been left. I could blame the book for it, no. I am in love with it I want to hold it in my heart. It's so painful I want to love love love it. Anyway, that's all I felt about the book. It's crazy.

"He is a strange, strange, twisted boy."


It's truly a relief I didn't start reading Unravel Me before the exam or I might have had book syndrome for weeks and could not focus. I extremely had a book hangover after reading this book. I can't move on with my life. I'm stuck. So stuck that I saw myself last night not being able to response to a friend I was having conversation with. I was staring to a space thinking about how is Warner feeling. I know he's a fictional character not even close to a living thing. I can't help it - I always think of him.

"It's a face destined for trouble, for danger, for an outlet to overcompensate for the excess it stole from an unsuspecting innocent."

I want to feel him, reach to him. What is it that is very intriguing about him that I liked since Shatter Me . He got my heart crack in Unravel Me even more that I completely want to understand that made me feel connected to this character. He's not only intriguing but shows vulnerability in a way I can't possibly understand to a such a great extent.

The book cover - looking at it closely after everything, my obsession to Warner - I focused my eyes on its details. The sky, white birds flying, the center of attention that every reader will find mesmerizing which is the pupil and iris - the eye. It's blue. I thought, how could it be color blue when Warner's eyes were described green. Oh probably this is Adam's. The book cover screams Adam. The title screams Warner. The content is all up to Juliette to decide who will she choose. Hmm. One more thing. The snow-covered branches and its few leaves that describes the book's setting and two icicles that formed from the corner of the eye. Yes, I fancy it. Very much. It's all relevant to what the plot would be like.

I know I might ramble or simply go out of point or something but no one would really be able to stop me now, is there? All right, I'm starting.

This is always been about Warner. I'm sorry - not. He's my favorite character. Always favorite. I'm definitely not gonna spoil anyone though. Readers of the books know that Warner is his last name. In this book, his first name has been finally revealed. Let me tell you, it's an absolute swoon-worthy name is all. I'm still swooning over here. I wanted to talk more about him because if I don't, my head is gonna explode vomiting all my thoughts on anyone who doesn't even know what I'm talking about. I'll do it here. My thoughts are brimming, overflowing right now. I can't keep it in me anymore. So many unexpected things revealed to readers about him. Phenomena unexplained in book 1 finally answered and I couldn't agree more how I'm in love with it.

Let me quote what I said above: "He's not only intriguing but shows vulnerability in a way I can't possibly understand to a such a great extent." Yep. That word - vulnerability. I read articles and a video on it all last night until I had dozed off still earpiece plugged in. Before I go more into that. I'll share quotes on vulnerability.

“We’re stronger in the places that we’ve been broken.”

“To share your weakness is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength.”

“Real dishes break. That's how you know they're real.”

Those quotes, mostly reminds me of Warner. He's vulnerable that comes to show he is human. He's real. I also realized that all along he's self-armoring himself until he has to become vulnerable to love someone. Love. He needs, want to wrap love around himself, his heart. I've always known he needed love. He has let his love ones to hurt him and all he does to emotions is to stay neutral. No wonder he said at all - "Kill or be killed." That's all he's ever had in mind. However, he loves. He becomes to feel vulnerable, openness. He then perhaps feel healed.

Sorry if my review is all but rambling, I'm ending it off soon. One more thing though. I can't help but be reminded by Jace's words. "To love is to destroy." then fully i understand what it means. In order to love anyone, you have to destroy your barriers, share your weakness that eventually leads to selflessness because you are sharing your most inner you, all your selfish self disappeared because you let yourself be loved, feel loved. You give a part of the real you to someone special who has the key to only be able to unlock who you truly are.

Oh my heart, I'm tearing up right now. I gonna end this.

I'm bracing myself for the third book. I'm ready for another roller coaster ride of emotions. My eyes, tears, my all being - getting ready. Bring it on!

Warning: Watch out for the infamous Chapter 62; extreme fangirling and hyperventilation is to occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment