Sunday, June 21, 2015

Finding Cinderella


A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love has conditions: they agree it will only last one hour and it will only be make-believe.

When their hour is up and the girl rushes off like Cinderella, Daniel tries to convince himself that what happened between them only seemed perfect because they were pretending it was perfect. Moments like that with girls like her don’t happen outside of fairytales.

One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in insta-love is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. But Daniel soon realizes that fairytales don’t exist, and unfortunately for Daniel, finding Cinderella doesn’t guarantee their happily ever after…it only further threatens it.

Author: Colleen Hoover (Website, Facebook, Twitter)
Publisher: Atria Books
Buy online: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository
Ebook purchased on Amazon
(Actual) Rating: 4 of 5 stars



I never thought I'll be reading the book at one go, on a weekend where I have piles of homework to be done. I spent the time indulged in Daniel and Six's story accidentally because when I purchased the book on Amazon, I didn't know I have already purchased it and I never looked back. I've never been more happier because it's a great novella to read if you want a quick and fast-paced story. This is it!

Finding Cinderella screams quite the opposite what you're about to discover when you start reading the book because it absolutely has a different perspective of what you have in mind. Cinderella might have only appeared in fairy tales, now what if you've had the chance to meet her once and if you're lucky- maybe twice, and in an instant get your happily ever after or...never? I'll leave you to decide on that because I don't want to spoil it for anyone or give away too much, afraid I would spill the beans.

The plot twist has totally got my jaw dropped. It was unexpected because I never thought the reason why Six didn't meet with Daniel after the possibly 'instant happily ever after' then and there was because something came up and I just couldn't have guessed it at that point.

I really find the concept amazing and adorable of how it all began with Six and Daniel's world collided in a dark room closet. It pretty much reflects the similarity it demonstrates when you chat with some online you don't even know. You sometimes get the feeling you just have a connection with that person when chatting and have a great time for just a moment. In hope that you will never hear from them again because well, they are strangers. Although some part of you says, how amazing it'll be to have a chance to know this person for real and not just make-believe we have a connection we know it's impossible to have.

Beautifully written, a quick read that romance lover would love to have. Before I forget, I would mention Six and Daniel is quick-witted and has great sense of humor. I adore that because nothing else I would ask for more than both characters to have the happily ever after they deserve and they perfectly fits each other. No lie. Go read Finding Cinderella if you want yours to be a fairy tale theme reading this coming weekend or better yet, your happily ever after is just 'round the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment