Saturday, January 07, 2017

Abby and the Cute One (Backstage Pass #5)

He's cute. He's famous. And he could ruin everything...

Every member of Seconds to Juliet has a girlfriend-except for Nathan Strong. Now the band's manager is leaning hard on "The Cute One" to play the role of the band's heartthrob. With the band's sales in decline, it's up to Nathan to keep the fans' fantasy alive.

The plan is to stage a fake relationship and a fake breakup, and then let the fans fight to be the one to mend Nathan's broken heart. Just one problem. There's another girl in the picture-one Nathan can't stay away from. In private, Nathan's stealing kisses with the band's new opening act, Abby Curtis.

If they're caught, no one wins. Abby will be fired, and the band might not recover the success they need to survive. But even with the pressure mounting, Nathan and Abby can't stop themselves from stealing one more touch, one more kiss. And it's only a matter of time before it all falls apart.

Author: Erin Butler (Website, Facebook, Twitter)
Publisher: Entangled Teen Crush
Buy online: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Kindle Edition of the book purchased on Amazon
(Actual) Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

First and foremost, I would like to keep staring at the book cover because it is clearly my favorite book cover out of all the books in the Backstage Pass series! I have to reiterate this I just cannot get enough of how adorable it looks especially the fact that the story of Abby and Nathan will bring you simply sparks and butterflies in the stomach.

The story started out fast-paced to how Abby and Nathan met for the first time. I, myself, was squealing in great delight when I was about to find how the two actually hit it off on tour. Basically, Abby was a huge star on YouTube after her video went viral as she did a cover of 'The One' by Seconds to Juliet. The band is on the search for their opening act and she perfectly fits the vocals and arrangement of her music and schedule. Very much on point and instantly the band agrees that she's THE ONE. I get it when it was related to the book title. I noticed the 'Cute One' to the song sang by S2J 'The One'. I get the reference right there!

I like how this book is realistic as it connects to the fact that huge stars have a hard time coping up with their own privacy even their relationship has been fabricated by PR just so their career will continue to boost and still be profitable. Nathan has been really patient with those people in the higher up and I'm really proud of him that he stayed humble and showed his true self under pressure. It was really tough for him I can tell and it was likely a threat too, in my opinion. While reading upon this book I couldn't do much to help Nathan. Sorry Nathan.

Abby, on the other hand, she is amazing and kindhearted as well. She understands and puts herself in other people's shoes. Her faith in people particularly Nathan is something I appreciate the most. She does not judge anyone that would hurt them in any way.

Overall, Abby and the Cute One is, besides the fact that I am very much in love with the book cover, amazing in its entirety. I wish I have the physical copy to hug the book cover, if that isn't too much to ask. It's a fun easy read for all of you out there intending to read YA Contemporary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment