Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Delirium

The book is written by Lauren Oliver. I like the way she makes me feel like I am Lena in the book. I totally approved her good description of places, emotions and everything. I like it when books are very detailed. For a dystopian-romance novel, I didn’t think it would this good! 

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love — the deliria — blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.

It’s pretty absurd to me asking myself…what if LOVE was a disease?? I found that it’s QUITE possible since our world right now is too much on about LOVE but LOVE is what makes us all have PEACE not PAIN. But it hurts reading this book when everything you do has it’s barrier even when you only communicate/closeness to an opposite sex is considered a broken law – even saying LOVE will get you to the rotting cell laid out ready for you in the Crypts. It makes me sad truly. They aren’t at all free. The people who are cured thought they are living their life when truly it is ALL a big lie.

I am very happy that Hanna and Lenna (Magdelena Ella Haloway, her full name) met Alex Warren (his full and real name is Alex Sheathes) and everything that Lena once before frightens, has descended completely. She has open her eyes wide to all what’s really been happening. Thanks to Hanna too in my opinion, haha!
I can’t wait for Pandemonium soon! It’s the next book after this! I’m hoping that everything will be all right that she’ll rescue Alex and that she gets help from the Wild! — I won’t spoil this…you’ve got to read the book if you really wanna know ;)

P.S. I’ve got a couple of songs that will remind me of this book. Barriers by David Archuleta and Love Story by Taylor Swift. You already know why Barriers but not Love Story. Love Story, because Alex like poetry and Lena loves the love story of Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare. Actually, I have to think if this book was like Romeo and Juliet. Well…it was close enough to me. Between Romeo and Juliet, they were forbidden to love each other, right? I pretty much see it in this story but…not completely. It has another different part of the story about Lena’s mom. So yeah… I gotta stop here and enjoy the music!

Love Story by Taylor Swift

“I love you. Remember. They cannot take it.”
“Hate isn’t the most dangerous thing, he’d said. Indifference is.”
“The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and
when you don’t.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment