Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Lunar Chronicles #1: Cinder

“. . . it unfolds with the magic of a fairy tale and the breakneck excitement of dystopian fiction.” –Publisher’s Weekly (starred review) Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless Lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another one of my favorite fairytale retelling! In fact, it has a good story that eventually, when we get to the end of it - there's that conclusion we're all going to be looking forward to! I cannot wait for that and so are the rest of you who knows that this series will kill us! Be prepare, bookworms!

 I can't believe myself that I had to wait a year to read this book. Why did I wait so long? I don't get myself sometimes. *shrugs*

I actually have seen the book in the school library. I wasn't interested and misjudged the book's cover and title. I am sorry. However, reading the book and it's synopsis, proved me wrong - turning my negative thoughts the other way, telling me to READ it and so I picked the book up and started reading it. It's great! I just so adore fairytale retelling!! You must read it! At the end of the book, it has gotten complicated for Cinder and in my opinion, I had the same confusion. A lot to take in. I could feel her emotion seeping out through her and letting the readers know her honest emotions -  raw and a rush of uncontrollable emotions. Someway or another, I understand why she must had felt that way.

Definitely unexpected happenings going on and actions! Love the actions! All the secrets yet to be revealed and lots and lots of those dirty secrets still hanging loose! Oh myself! Get a grip! Absolutely a book to check out and have your opinions and thoughts gathered neatly so as not to have the same emotions I have at the moment! Sequel will extremely get me literally killed. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment