Sunday, February 24, 2013

Insurgent

One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.
 

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

Author: Veronica Roth
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books (Harper Collins)
Rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have so many thoughts and opinions running through my head that I don't really even know where to start. All I know is that I really love Insurgent! I honesty like 'Insurgent' better than 'Divergent'. 'Insurgent' has more meaning sending out to the readers. The book showed, demonstrated a whole lot of goodness through Tris' character as I read of what it really means to be brave and selfless. What struck me the most was what truly is bravery, courageous and boldness. I would really want to thank you the author for coming up such a strong character that has helped me so much this past week. I'll share my side of story. Here goes.

It was the day of PE that we have running of 3 rounds around the school. My friends and I obviously has no passion for running. Teacher doesn't even have to know whether we like it or not. I guess I had no choice but run. I ran and ran and ran. Along the process I started to realize that my feelings and views were changing. I knew I wanted to stop running because I could feel the pain through my lungs, legs - all the pain beating the breath out of me - wanting me to stop, just stop running. I did not.

"It doesn't matter if you believe you can or not. You will, because that's who you are." -Tobias

In my thoughts I said, "Come on, run! If Tris could do it, you can too!" But that wasn't enough of motivation. The side of my body was screaming in pain. I said to myself "Run! Pretend there is a bullet in you that has to be remove immediately! You'll survive if you run now!" I did, of course! I don't want to die just yet.

"I can pretend to be brave, but I'm not." -Tris

"Abnegation taught me: turning away from myself, projecting always outward, and hoping that in whatever is next, I will be better than I am now." -Tris

And for the last round and final motivation was from classmate who told me that I should run and something caught sparks to what he said, "Your brother is athletic! Come on, Q, run! *clap clap*" I ran, proving him wrong I'm nothing like brother and not I could be athletic when I want to.

It's all about choices. If you choose to do what you really want to do, you will do it and you CAN! The running of 3 rounds taught me that lesson. And thanks to 'Insurgent'! Such an amazing inspiring book!! I was thinking, if I read 'Insurgent' every day I will always be reminded to be brave. However, that's not it. I had researched quotes on bravery:

"When life gives you something that makes you feel afraid, that's when life gives you a chance to be brave."

"Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt"

"Necessity makes even the timid brave."

I got good ones and I also came across a war tactic who wrote "The Art of War", Sun Tzu. It connects someway or another to 'Insurgent' the uprising war that's coming in the society. The necessity quote reminds me of Tobias: "...the value of a sacrifice lies in its necessity, not throwing your life away!"


"We both have war inside of us. Sometimes it keeps us alive. Sometimes it threatens to destroy us." -Tris
Yes, there are times that it's not other people who are our enemies but within us.


While reading 'Insurgent':

My sister disturbing me when I said, "Stop! I'm watching!"

"watching. What are you watching?"

 "oh, I'm reading!" LOL

Well, when I see everything that forms in my head, I thought I was seeing motion pictures hahaha! The best way is to stay clear of me when I'm reading books. You don't want to talk to a loony hahah!

"No matter how long you train someone to be brave, you never know if they are or not until something real happens." -Lynn 
True that!! Whenever I'm reminded of my past I never thought I was that brave and strong I had to go through such pain. I was able to stand my ground - that already considered as BRAVE. Amazing!

Lots of wisdom quotes can be found in the book that has got me so inspired and I really appreciate what the  author has wrote! Thank you Ms Roth! To more great success! Cheers!

Another thing I love about the book was that the author finally let us in to who Tobias' and what really was like in his world.  "Tobias Eaton is a powerful name." "Quiet is dangerous,with Tobias." I can't breathe. Tobias. Four. I can't think properly when Tobias is always there haha! It's really nice that readers are introduce more to who Four really is. And he's powerful. I had a wishful thinking one day my name would be like Tobias. Or... hey, why don't we exchange name? Four is just the sweetest guy. Will you be my YA boyfriend forever?? #Divergent #Insurgent #forevergent whut LOL I'm getting delusional! I can't get Tobias out of my head. I'm not complaining. I actually love thinking about this guy. Ah if only he was real.

"Sometimes, people just want to be happy, even if it's not real." yeah, like having to imagine you, Four, with me hahhah

Eventually, it has to come to an end going crazy about Tobias because I found Erudite guy (Fernando) - SPOILER! I like Erudite guys *evil laugh* I DON'T UNDERSTAND, WHY. WHY did the author scratched that Erudite guy (Fernando) out the story I like him since Tobias is not available. *BAWLS*

Caleb and Tris. The siblings. Siblings are important because once parents have to go and leave us in a cruel society like in the fictional setting in 'Insurgent', we have nothing left but our relatives and first thing that comes to mind would be our siblings. We can always turn to them when we need a shoulder to lean or cry on. I love the author for it too, that Ms Roth included the value of families. I love my family and I would really lose my mind without them. Therefore, we should treasure them always. Put them first before anything else.

Tris might as well be saying as she trimmed her hair with a pair of scissors "I'm not that innocent!" Go get 'em, girl! I always think that with short hair you're not that type of girl who they think you are. You got the features that they will always have to glance twice that they may get the message of "don't mess with me" sort of message. In my opinion, I love Tris doing that to her hair. She does not want attention to her either! Love the idea!

"Four!" I call out. Why am I calling out a number? Oh yes. Because that's his name. —Tris
I'm gonna die laughing, NOW. HAHA

"People, I have discovered, are layers and layers of secrets."  -Tris
It's fair - is all I can say-  we keep secrets from one another or each other because you don't want them to have the same burden you have. You don't want to add in more burden they already have. I do understand. There are times though that it is for the better if you say it immediately too - which I think it depends on some situations. Hence, it'll be two heads working out the problem rather than one who so struggles- no way of figuring out and that will make things easier through teamwork. Trust is important too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment