Friday, March 01, 2013

Over You

When seventeen-year-old Max Scott got her heart broken she didn’t just sit at home sobbing into her ice cream and obsessing over her ex, Hugo’s, latest Facebook postings. Well, actually she did. But she also decided that no girl should have to be tortured like that, so she read through all the psych books, Oprah transcripts, and historical precedents she could get her hands on and came up with a foolproof program to get over being dumped.

These days, Max is the go-to guru for heartbroken high-school girls all over NYC. But when Hugo shows up in her neighborhood, suddenly Max is so busy trying to avoid her own ex that she isn’t able to help anyone else with theirs. As Hugo invades her life all over again, Max’s carefully controlled world starts to unravel. With her clients’ hearts hanging in the balance, Max will have to do the seemingly impossible: get over her ex once and for all.

Authors: Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
Publisher: HarperTeen

Rating: 1 of 5 stars

I barely read the book much less read not even halfway of it and I found myself made sour faces. The writing was not a descriptive one. Lack of emotions, in my opinion. I definitely like the cover though. It's really appealing enough to draw my attention and get to read it as soon as possible. I want to say thank you to the authors for putting their time and effort writing this book.

Anyway, I want to point out things I don't like about the book, truthfully. Honest review.

Then there comes a conversation between two characters discussing about relationship of the clients they are helping in their so-called Ex Inc. I don't know. I see the conversation as gossiping or maybe not. Just updating friends? Whatever. It seems like gossip to me. It's in Chapter 2. And automatically, I just scanned through or opened it to a random page and starts reading it. I don't feel anything book love connection. All I caught sight of were written words. It doesn't really come out "alive" motion picture. Or I'm just not seeing things clear enough(?) Hmm. Probably, it's just too contemporary YA lit which isn't really my taste. However, that isn't a good evidence to support my disliking it because I've read other contemporary YA Lit that I really like. Love it even and wept.

I just really didn't think it was a nice read. I absolutely wanted to love the book and really I do. I have no choice but to say my true opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment