Friday, October 26, 2012

Divergent

In Beatrice Prior’s dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue–Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is–she can’t have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.
….
I’m afraid of how am I going to elaborate and sort out my opinions on this book. Basically, I’m speechless of what I have to review on it. I have the mind of that I might actually mix things up. But really, I just love the book and the whole of dystopian in it. It’s amazing! There were some parts of the book, I admit, that I can’t reach within my imaginations haha!

What surprises me was Beatrice’s character and the rest of them!! Pretty realistic! I’m really amazed by Beatrice’s values too. The book itself, has demonstrated values that we should have in our life – successful or not, we should have the right attitude toward others. And that’s something.

So many good actions that gripped and absorbed me in while reading it. Totally enjoyed the ride as if I was in all of what was happening in the book!

I think I might actually have to look up on Beatrice’s bravery here. Her courageous self is simply what made the book such a reverting one. Without it, I wouldn’t think it’ll be what the book turned out to be. I have to say I’m not that brave like her but I’ve always wanted to be eccentric and brave and courageous like her. Dauntless. Fearless. Anything that touches the sense of bravery always brewing in you, that you have to be active all the time. Problem with me is, I’m pathetic. Low self-esteem. I wonder how can I change this. Is it because of this questions: Do I get to choose what I want or people have already chosen what’s best for me? With the choice they gave me, that resulted – I feel no confidence in me, no courage to fight for what I want… ??

Are those the reasons why I’m not eccentric and not brave enough to face head on? I’ve asked myself these questions before. It’s sad.

Anyways, I hope that didn’t turn out to be a drama queen there haha!!

I cannot be Beatrice.

Difficult to be her, in my case. I have just too MANY fears. Some of it are even ridiculous than hers..so yeah. And I’m aware that myself is a big coward. There. I said it. A coward. Btw, just a bit of spoiler: The real coward in the book, seriously, is Eric. Really. (IMO)

Just remember to check out Divergent! Because you have to. It’s truly awesomeage!! And there’s an ebook of the 1.5 – Free Four – in Four’s points of view!! Do check them all out!!

Another thing, in my opinion, Tris and all, are like living in a world with just a couple of options and that’s it for them. No freedom. And how I see “Visiting Day” is more of like prison visitation. Is it only annually? Bah! then in that case, Dauntless is probably worse than a prison cell, idk. (TOO MUCH SPOILER, sorry)

OMG the song, “Young Dumb And In Love” by Mat Kearney, imo, is a good song to be included in the Divergent movie!! EEEP! FOUR AND TRIS! <3
*****
Happy reading fellas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment