Friday, October 23, 2015

The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire



Hello reader!

In this book is a world. A world created by two awkward guys who share their lives on the internet!

We are Dan and Phil and we invite you on a journey inside our minds! From the stories of our actual births, to exploring Phil’s teenage diary and all the reasons why Dan’s a fail. Learn how to draw the perfect cat whiskers, get advice on how to make YouTube videos and discover which of our dining chairs represents you emotionally. With everything from what we text each other, to the time we met One Direction and what really happened in Vegas...

This is The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire!


Author: Dan Howell (Website, Facebook, Twitter) and Phil Lester (Website, Facebook, Twitter)
Main website for #TABINOF
Publisher: Ebury Press
Buy online: Amazon UK | Kinokuniya Singapore | Dan & Phil shop
Physical copy of the book was purchased at Kinokuniya Singapore bookstore
(Actual) Rating: 5 of 5 stars


The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire is, believe it or not, one of the best books I've read among the YouTubers releasing their own books in terms of creativity, very humorous content, loads of fun-filled activities involved in the writing! I love the concept and how much effort has been put into it by Dan and Phil. It definitely has the originality and enthusiasm in every page which I deeply appreciate the passion in presentation and dedication this book has to offer. It's evident as the book has very well-thought out content to share that will sure bet to entertain the fans and especially the fans of Dan and Phil!

Before the real review I feel like the need to keep repeating this phrase 100 times: 'TABINOF is filled with so much dedication and love and fun plus the nerdy stuffs and theories combine with everything is just TOO MUCH! THANK YOU DAN AND PHIL!'

There are some main points that I wanted to highlight that I'm really itching to blurt out the insightful remarks I've recently find why this book's an amazing book and not on fire! Now, I'm still not making sense and straight to the point but here goes.

The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire is not just a book that depicts who Dan and Phil is as YouTubers. I was attracted to the idea that maybe the book is encouraging readers should head towards initiating the amazing journey with a close friend as well. The warm welcome at the introduction section made me excited and decided that perhaps this book is meant to be shared with someone so dear to you that it would be a waste not to have a heart-to-heart talk with a best friend or close sibling.

In my case, I welcomed my sister aboard the amazing journey that will always be in my heart together with Dan and Phil guiding through the pages as we both learned so much about each other, spending almost about 3 to 4 hours not even halfway the book and not even reading any of Dan and Phil's story, experience and whatnot. Just me and my sister discussing and sharing our thoughts about the questions asked and our honest opinions on some of the topics given in The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire. For one, the longest conversation we've done was on 'High School Life' and 'Roommate Assessment form'.

The sister-sister relationship and bonding time has truly strengthen me and my sister further and being supportive, understanding between us formed without even realizing it at the beginning. We're truly different but still a great way to know each other better as well. Furthermore, voicing out my thoughts and feelings definitely made things less stressful. I may have done a first or second annotations on my books before but truly, The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire is perhaps the first ever real one that I did it on. It has so many post-it notes and very colorful ones to be precise.

Anyway, the last point is the Jessica/Becky and Lion's page. I specifically wanted to take note of these because I find it significant for me. Besides its hilarious, entertaining cute speech bubbles and dramatic scenes involved, it sends a complete different message altogether as well. Jessica-Becky friendship is Dan's way of expressing his concern about bullies and that we should be careful of our actions towards people particularly our friends. Sometimes we tend to misunderstand a friend and we end up being the bullies without realizing it as we accuse them for their wrongdoing and started talking bad behind them. Friends are important. The story from Lion is utterly directed to a different issue as Phil, in my opinion, basically sum everything up by encouraging the readers to live life to the fullest. Mind your own business. Be positive and most importantly, don't waste your life dwelling on bad things but instead believe that there's always greater things in everything you do, uniquely yours to take away and reach for the stars.

The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire has challenged me to open my mind to weird, strange and real things in the future to come! The joy and overflowing inspiration that comes from within Dan and Phil continues on because why not. I enjoyed the book so much I highly recommend it to everyone who loves watching YouTube on the planet and check out their videos plus the gaming channel! I especially wanted to give a virtual hug to Dan and Phil right now for the amazing book that existed in front me. Even though I may not have been a long time fan, I definitely need the virtual hug! This IS better than toast, guaranteed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment