Monday, December 28, 2015

After You







Author: Jojo Moyes (Website, Facebook, Twitter)
Publisher: Thorndike Press Large Print
Buy online: Amazon | Thorndike Press
Book borrowed from the national library
(Actual) Rating: 3 of 5 stars







**Took a picture of the real hardcover large print synopsis at the back of the book of After You

After You has given me hope to look forward in life as Louisa Clark learns to let go of the dark memories and starts to give herself a chance to explore the wonders of life.

Before starting After You, I didn't think it'll be as good as Me Before You. The story tend to drag after the biggest revelation even started. I honestly just looked forward how Louisa's life will turn out to be. I wanted her to feel alive. Her compassionate and lively encouraging words sipping through the pages - that's all I ask.

The new characters added were mediocre and I have to say the drama is a little intense and depressing. Add to that, Louisa basically seems to be living a fake life in this one. I understand that she can't seem to move on without Will since she has been hallucinating that Will still speaks to her. I guess that can be really tough.

All in all, After You may not have been what I was expecting all along not that I didn't enjoy the book but I just wish the new characters could be more interesting and pretty engaging. I was waiting for something significant, other than what we found out about Will's past. I expected too much from the story. If I hadn't known about the sequel or it isn't suppose to exist at all, it would've been fine for me because I already know that Louisa's life will turn out to be a good one with or without Will. It's good that After You has an open ended that sure makes me feel to be positive about the future.

For anyone planning to read After You, I recommend that Me Before You is the one that will make you cry a river. Tissue boxes are needed! Enjoy reading and happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment