Thursday, July 19, 2018

Restore Me

Juliette Ferrars thought she'd won. She took over Sector 45, was named the new Supreme Commander, and now has Warner by her side. But she's still the girl with the ability to kill with a single touch—and now she's got the whole world in the palm of her hand. When tragedy hits, who will she become? Will she be able to control the power she wields and use it for good?

Author: Tahereh Mafi (Website, Twitter, Goodreads)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Buy online: Amazon
EBook borrowed from the national library
(Actual) Rating: 2.5 of 5 stars


Restore Me is a continued book to the Shatter Me trilogy, fans of the book will definitely be ready to pick this book up without hesitation as it brings the readers to the side of a different world as Juliette took over and becoming the new Supreme Commander. Only it wasn't easy as 123 because responsibilities has come with great sacrifices.

When the author announced Restore Me, fourth book, I hardly believed it because I was utterly satisfied with how the whole Shatter Me series ended. I was fairly happy about it ending the way it was. Until Restore Me like 'wow' meaning I get more, more and more Warner!

Took me a while to finish the book because I have been feeling something is off about these characters I used to love so much. I was looking out for authenticity and connection I've had with them throughout the trilogy. Left me somewhat lost, confused which makes it hard for me to appreciate in this case, leading to lack of interest in what I read. I struggled and dragged just so I could finish this book, forcing myself to look out for the most important series of events.

Hoping the next books would do justice to the previous trilogy because I am dying to get right back to the character development I was craving for and the love I had for the books initially.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment