Saturday, January 28, 2012

Where She Went



I was like… Je ne sais quoi.

It’s been three years since the devastating accident… three years since Mia walked out of Adam’s life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard’s rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia’s home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future – and each other.

Told from Adam’s point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.

Je ne sais quoi. That’s it. Enough said. 5 shooting star for me!! I love it!

There’s one thing I like to ask from the author, it’s the fictional album ‘Collateral Damage’. I want it to exist in music store like iTunes and etc.

Some of the lyrics from a song out of ‘Collateral Damage’album:
First you inspect me
Then you dissect me
Then you reject me
I wait for the day
That you’ll resurrect me
 "Animate” Collateral Damage, Track 1
Animate is one of the fictional song that I really like! And there’s another one! Here:
The clothes are packed off to Goodwill
I said my good-byes up on that hill
The house is empty, the furniture sold
Soon your smells will decay to mold
Don’t know why I bother calling, ain’t nobody answering
Don’t know why I bother singing, ain’t nobody listening

“Disconnect” Collateral Damage, Track 10
Of course, Animate‘s chorus:
Hate me. Devastate me.
Annihilate me.
Re-create me.
Re-create me.
Won’t you, won’t you won’t you re-create me.
Totally written by a “man” if you know what I mean if you had read the book. It’s my first time reading a book in guy’s perspective. I mean…not really first time but it’s my first time reading a book that tells us how guys literally are when they are in a complicated situation/relationships. Getting inside of Adam’s head, was actually funny and he’s hilarious! And..a guy like him is such a poker face. Well, it’s pretty true that guys like to hide their feelings. I observed guys and I always have to check on the poker face and ting! YES!

Adam is really… a cool guy. I see that he always seem to be himself, the real him whenever he’s around Mia. Oh I love them both. Very cute couple!

I so have nothing to say…this book is absolutely amazing! Read it!

I hear rumors… but I think it’s true, that there will be ‘If I Stay’ movie!!!! EEEEEEEEK!! *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment