Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Mortal Instruments #3: City of Glass

To save her mother’s life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters — never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and her best friend, Simon, has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.
As Clary uncovers more about her family’s past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he’s willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City — whatever the cost?
Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling The Mortal Instruments.

I gasped in surprise here and there gasped in horror from the deaths that I didn’t expect would happen. Grotesque, horrible death especially of what Valentine did with the Inquisitor. I have to say I like this book better than the second— City of Ashes. I give it 4 stars! I really think about it, if only I could visit this fantasy world, I would. I’ve been wishing, daydreaming about it. Alicante, Idris particularly.

I hope Clary’s character get well-develop and make better progress. This one did a little bit but I want more from her. I didn’t really like her attitude from City of Ashes. I just hope her character improves more in the next book.

There’s one huge question burning in my head about Jace. Let’s face it, it’s quite of a spoiler but how the heck did get the mark like star (birthmark of Herondale)? He was a baby and his biological parents died and he was only in the womb? How did he get the scar/birthmark? Who had marked him? It couldn’t be his real parents because they died. Hmmm. Unsolved question.

I like how I’ll guess about what’s going to happen. I can’t wait to read the next to this i don’t know what City was it though, haha! Oh well. I don’t believe Jonathan/Sebastian was dead. He had probably survived and now lying-low, recovering and lurking for the meantime. I guess.

Anyway, I really like Simon and Isabelle to be together!! And yes, Magnus and Alec! SQUEE, people!!!! :D many events happened in the book such a thick book and I like like it!!! Never to late to read the TMI books!!! GO GO!! I love you Cassandra Clare!! Continue to do what you do! Make Clary’s character more likable. Thanks, bye!

I was arguing with myself while reading the pages, who do I like more Jace or Sebastian haha!! You’ll find out who you like by the end! I somehow knew it Jonathan/Sebastian could’ve just said at his cousin at Penhallows and new friends the Lightwood plus his ultimate sarcastic smart mouth challenger, Jace is amalayer amalayer? Omg amalayer??? Loooooool XD

And omg just some spoiler again, live long Herondale family you guys are charming enough haha!

Ok I’ve gone too far and out of control. And it feels like i’m still bad at reviewing books because it all includes my fangirling mode. Oh well. Enjoy TMI: City of Glass!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment