Thursday, August 08, 2013

Dead Silence

Violet thought she'd made peace with her unique ability to sense the echoes of the dead and the imprints that cling to their killers...that is until she acquired an imprint of her own. Forced to carry a reminder of the horrible events of her kidnapping, Violet is more determined than ever to lead a normal life. However, the people who run the special investigative team Violet works for have no intention of letting her go.

When someone close to Violet becomes a suspect in a horrific murder, she finds herself pulled into a deadly hunt for a madman with an army of devoted followers. Violet has survived dangerous situations before, but she quickly discovers that protecting those closest to her is far more difficult than protecting herself.

Author: Kimberly Derting (Website, Twitter, Facebook)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Buy online: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | IndieBound
Book borrowed from the national library
(Actual) Rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wasn't really intrigued from the start. It felt that I had a lot of stuffs running through my head and was pretty distracted when I read this book. I started reading the book with such intensity and concentration and enjoyed it.
The middle and through the end of it - I was numb but still continued on reading.

In my opinion, the plot kind of lack its supposedly brilliant suspense although I could say that it was acceptable. I hate to say this but I think I enjoyed reading the psychopath's third person perspective more than that of the main character. I can still agree on some things that I found interesting which the secrets of Violet's grandmother and more unraveling theories that has come to finally be confirmed. She gradually changes her beliefs and opinions about her team. She acted to things more with consideration and with lots of decision-making. She learned at a lot. Hopefully, I'd get to see more from of character development.

Nevertheless, I can give this book a pass though. It's probably the least favorite book in the series for me. I'm really hoping that the next book would be something that would be a sweet surprise and that something that wasn't so predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment