Monday, December 02, 2013

The Seraphina Parrish Trilogy #1: Wander Dust by Michelle Warren

Ever since her sixteenth birthday, strange things keep happening to Seraphina Parrish. Unexplainable premonitions catapult her to faraway cities. A street gang wants to kill her, and a beautiful, mysterious boy stalks her.

But when Sera moves to Chicago, and her aunt reveals their family connection to a centuries old, secret society, she’s immediately thrust into an unbelievable fantasy world, leading her on a quest to unravel the mysteries that plague her. In the end, their meanings crash into an epic struggle of loyalty and betrayal, and she’ll be forced to choose between the boy who has stolen her heart and the thing she desires most.

Wander Dust is the breathtaking fantasy that will catapult you through a story of time, adventure, and love.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11250674-wander-dust

Wander Dust (Seraphina Parrish Trilogy # 1) by Michelle Warren
Publication Date: November 30, 2013
Publisher: Kristine Michelle Preast
Genre: YA/Fantasy/Time Travel/Romance

**Copy provided from the Tour**

I did not enjoy the protagonist that much. In my opinion, Seraphina takes things for granted, selfish and cares for her own satisfaction. She's not a significant character for me either. Whenever she's in her train of thoughts, I imagined myself skipping to read them. Hopefully, I didn't. Still I couldn't ignore the fact that that it was mind-numbing. Finally, I saw myself nodding slightly to how her character development has benefitted my opinions towards her. She accepted making mistakes that she misjudged people easily especially those she doesn't like. I like her when she's quite rebellious herself because I see her determination to what she wanted to achieve.

I like Sam, Seraphina's Seer in their team, because she is someone who may be young among them but she's one of the reliable and trustworthy member. She can also be reasonable on certain situations, who doesn't jump to conclusions. I guess that's because she's a Seer. She can assure people, somehow, through logic and consideration. Her being upfront gives readers perspective to further adore and truly see what has become of her character. She upholds loyalty so much towards her teammates as well.

Mona, Seraphina's aunt, is patient enough and a mother figure to Seraphina. She's better able at handling situations, constantly looking out for Seraphina. She's protective of her loved ones. I like that about her.

To be honest, the story has not stayed on for too long before it fades away just as after I finished reading Wander Dust. Nauseated with the time traveling and time lapse, I had to pause for each section where I couldn't possibly catch where the story is headed to. There were so many things to look out for at once. The old and new Seraphina. The Teresea chasing Seraphina. I was dreading to finish the book. It has potential but I didn't enjoyed Wander Dust as much as I would like to.

I wasn't thrilled with how the time travel and adventures went. I anticipated for something I thought was going to be so interesting and such mind-blowing plot twist but it didn't appear at all. Plot's climax has become obvious somehow. I wasn't engaged in or captivated by it. Last but not the least, I didn't really see the main purpose for other Wanderers to be a Wanderer at all, except maybe only for Seraphina. If Washington Square Academy doesn't want to be helping the outcast and stopping them, what else is there for them being Wanderers? Slack and live the way they want? Wander around the world leaving without having to settle things for once? I need conflicts. I think I haven't have a glimpse of it. I want the full version conflict because I think there's more than just Seraphina's problems here. The Academy has the problem that needs solving and be taken care of with the help of everyone playing their part.

If you're thinking of reading Wander Dust and take an interest to read it, please do. No one's stopping you to do so. Go figure for yourself whether you'll enjoy it like the other readers.

(Actual) Rating: 2 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment