Thursday, November 17, 2011

Across The Universe

Man you don’t know how amazing this book is until you read it and you realize you just can’t seem to stop. Beth Revis did an amazing debut!! I COULDN’T WAIT FOR MILLION SUNS!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I read the book for 2 days! I didn’t even sense that time was already slipping so fast! Gosh!! Dystopian and sci-fi is AWESOME! Thanks to Beth Revis! 

Amy is a cryogenically frozen passenger aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed. She expects to wake up on a new planet, 300 years in the future. But fifty years before Godspeed’s scheduled landing, Amy’s cryo chamber is unplugged, and she is nearly killed.

Now, Amy is caught inside an enclosed world where nothing makes sense. Godspeed’s passengers have forfeited all control to Eldest, a tyrannical and frightening leader, and Elder, his rebellious and brilliant teenage heir.

Amy desperately wants to trust Elder. But should she? All she knows is that she must race to unlock Godspeed’s hidden secrets before whoever woke her tries to kill again.

How to start… ok. Let’s start how I really think that this may be possible in the future? But you know, I don’t want it to happen to me. It’s MUCH DIFFICULT than living on Earth. Let’s stop here for a while…i can’t seem to wrap my head around the book because lots of things happened in the book. Here’s my tweets (some reply to Beth Revis:
  • @bethrevis your book Across The Universe is SO amazing! Thank you for writing this book! I really love the science fiction you added too! :)
  • @bethrevis while reading Across The Universe, there were a few sec I stopped & just let myself thought about my future. It made me cry :’(
  • @bethrevis I love how Amy is SO into history too. How she was curious about Elder’s descendent. My dad & I were fascinated w/ those stuff :)
  • Across The Universe! I’m so loving the book and wow the next book comes out next year, Million Suns! :’)
  • I might have American blood in me idk. hmm… if only family trees were recorded then, we would know.
  • You think future technology could help us do that? I’m terrified with the idea though. I’m really scares of my future.
  • I was crying about it..makes me sad. :’(
Let me tell you about the part where I cried. I cried where people don’t know about anything…especially when they all are drugged from Phydus. Some people don’t even know what were they injecting in the animals. They thought it’s makes the animals healthier, more meat for them to eat. I cried to that part because…Amy’s mother is a..i can’t really remember what but her mother knows about Biological research thing about DNA. It made me cry :’( Because, one day I would want to be a micro-biologist/pharmacist to help people be cure NOT drugged people and leave everything like that :’(

I’ve also felt fascinated – that the author mentioned Amy likes history! I was amazed that Amy was curious about the past of “Godspeed” (the ship) and to look at the how many generations had passed and really curious how to find Elder’s descendent. It was so awesome! My dad and I talked about history, one day and I was like listening to the stories of war and many more things I didn’t even know. To me, they were like stories but they happened long ago. Now sitting in front of this computer…I would say… I AM SO GRATEFUL TO BE HERE AT PEACE.

Yeah…like from my tweets, have you thought about it too? You know your family tree? From the start…to now..like WOW. If only back then, people recorded it down and passed it on to the next gen. *sigh* We would know. I’m not pretty much kidding about I might have American blood or maybe even Japanese, Chinese..whatever but it might be possible. POSSIBLE in the future when technology is much greater. But I’m really terrified about it.

You know..now that I thought about it, wanting to be pharmacist/micro-biologist one day..I kinda want to make it happen. I mean, I want it to be MY discovery of how to track family trees and many generations. Idk…I’m just being sSOOOO INSANE, maybe hahahaha Maybe this book is to blame for thinking about it. LOLOLOL. This dream I have is in this quote from Isaac Newton: To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.

I am so scared of going to the future too. No more adults. I AM the adult the children around me will have for protection from something or… anything at all.

Ok..i better as well just stop my rambling here. It’s too much! This book is just great to discuss about in a book club! Haha I don’t have a book club though. Oh well.

P.S. Here’s something interesting… the Project Ark Ship (Godspeed).

The Keeper Level
For more just go check the website: http://acrosstheuniversebook.com/
The Shipper Level – http://acrosstheuniversebook.com/#!/shipper
The Feeder Level –
http://acrosstheuniversebook.com/#!/feeder
Lots of things to see and infos to know about the spaceship! Oh..how I love the space not the ship haha! All right, ciao for now! Don’t forget to explore the site! :)
I’m being delusional about those things… so, don’t listen to a girl insane like me, ok? hahah ;)

Some quotes from the book:
This is my favorite one ― (Elder) “Power isn’t control at all — power is strength, and giving that strength to others. A leader isn’t someone who forces others to make him stronger; a leader is someone willing to give his strength to others that they may have the strength to stand on their own.”
(Amy) “It’s always in the rain..”
(Elder) “And there is nothing between us but rain.
Then there is nothing between us at all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment