Monday, May 14, 2012

Twenty Boy Summer

“Don’t worry, Anna. I’ll tell her, okay? Just let me think about the best way to do it.”
“Okay.”
“Promise me? Promise you won’t say anything?”
“Don’t worry.” I laughed. “It’s our secret, right?”


According to Anna’s best friend, Frankie, twenty days in Zanzibar Bay is the perfect opportunity to have a summer fling, and if they meet one boy every day, there’s a pretty good chance Anna will find her first summer romance. Anna lightheartedly agrees to the game, but there’s something she hasn’t told Frankie–she’s already had her romance, and it was with Frankie’s older brother, Matt, just before his tragic death one year ago.
TWENTY BOY SUMMER explores what it truly means to love someone, what it means to grieve, and ultimately, how to make the most of every beautiful moment life has to offer.

This is my thought before starting this book: Gonna start reading Twenty Boy Summer. I don’t know what to expect in the book but I hope it’s a good read. I picked this book out of random lol.

Yes it was all a random pick book in the library but I’m glad I found it there just, no one dare picking it up, reading the plot of the story on the back cover. I cried and laughed out loud when reading this book. It felt summer to me. Sarah Ockler, the author, she’s a good author.

The ending was well…. I don’t know yet I’m still figuring it out myself. Maybe you guys read the book for yourself, you feel it coming as you read the last chapter. Good for the two best friends in the book. They patch things up.. got Matt’s necklace. And then…the author end it like that. For Anna I guess, she finally let herself think that reality is reality. Matt is gone and her best friend, Frankie all really ever wanted is for everyone to move on. Anna thought Frankie was the ‘new’ Frankie when she is not, she still the Frankie before and after. The ending was basically it.

I don’t even know if Anna will ever meet Sam again. But it seem final to me. Like real life, you just don’t know what’s gonna happen next. I’m not gonna complain about the ending. It has something I pretty much need time to sink it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment