Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Boundless

The past few years held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner ever could have anticipated. Yet through the dizzying high of first love to the agonizing low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she could no longer deny was that she was never meant to have a normal life.

Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her . . . even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seemed like the best option, so she’s headed back to California—and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.

As Clara makes her way in a world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he’s not the only one. . . . With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfill her destiny. But it won’t come without sacrifices and betrayal.
In the riveting finale of the Unearthly series, Clara must choose her fate once and for all.

Author: Cynthia Hand (Website, Facebook, Twitter)
Publisher: HarperTeen/HarperCollins
Buy online: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | IndieBound
Book borrowed from the national library
(Actual) Rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I finally got it in my hands, I just couldn't stand the fact that I have homework to worry about but I said homework can wait. I started reading it all the way till midnight. Boundless, to me, is so hard to even leave it just for a while when I took a little break. I completely forgot about breakfast and lunch.
I just made a quick brunch - just a sandwich would do. Unputdownable and also a page-turner book!! I probably read it at one go! Utterly captivating!! And yes, it didn't disappoint me at all!! I love the series very much! Amazing read! Apparently, I'm having a book hangover now...

The plot twists in the end... Man I thought I had a heart seizure or heart attack. I almost thought I had ran out of breath for not expecting such twists. I would have died, I tell you. I almost had a huge breakdown. Almost. I was relieved no one was around when I had so many feels. All I can think of is that Unearthly is an amazing series that captured my heart in the beginning with Tucker and Clara. Especially Tucker. I'm always a Tucker fan! Gentleman, sweet, simple cowboy ever. Love, love, and more love!!! A simple guy like him, has my heart melting.

For some reasons, I had to say this - I wish that there were more scenes of Tucker with Clara. I wanted more Tucker-Clara moments. The setting at the barn is one of my favorites. Nevertheless, I'm not complaining or anything, just saying and that  I really, really enjoyed every single time Tucker was with Clara. The two are truly meant to be. Aww. *sniffs*

As I read though, I can't help but think and discussed with myself (as no one would really talk to me about the book. Now you see how truly I get lonely, eh?) I could make out what's going to happen next in some parts but man, it's thrilling still because I couldn't be so sure. I was just had my own predictions. I love how in the last few chapters, what Clara has been taught in her trainings were connected. I got my predictions from there. It's indeed a well-written plot nevertheless. I truly adore it!

I don't want to say any spoilers even if I wanted to. If I do, the excitement is not going to be as exciting as it will be when you read it. And I honestly didn't regret picking up this book, the series, in the first place. The ending is kind of an open ended and has got to be the sweetest of all as I have come to realize that love is truly powerful in every way you put it.

If you are free from... be it chores, school homework or work, you may want to start reading this series! It'll be a fascinating ride, and last thing you know --you have a book hangover like me. *wink wink*

I'm ending off this review with how much I want to hug the characters, I'm going to miss them all very much!!! *Squishes everyone* *sends flying kisses for the last time*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Updates!

- to be posted up soon -

none at the moment.

- to be read soon -
none at the moment